“I’ve been involved with the Music & Entertainment industry my entire adult life. It was while attending the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) when I realized that school did not hold any interest for me. I was, however, very interested in music. So …I told my Mom “I want to quit school and become a musician!” (just what every parent wants to hear). After a long silence she said “okay, but you need to find a job in entertainment before you even think about quitting school” (probably hoping the reality of trying to find work would crush the fantasy of becoming an entertainer). The next day, I walked into a little place called “Peddler’s lounge” and played guitar and sang some songs for the owner.
I started a regular gig there the following Monday!
I have worn many hats in the entertainment Industry: Lounge singer, Band front man, Nightclub DJ, Entertainment and Promotions Manager, Pub Entertainer/Singer, Voice-over artist, and of course Mobile MC/DJ for weddings and other special events (wow! I should really get a hat rack!)
I share this with you because …it matters. (Cue Dramatic music)
- It matters that I have a lot of entertainment experience with a wide variety of audiences.
- It matters that I know how to speak clearly, professionally, and can get people’s attention.
- It matters that I know how to make an event flow smoothly.
- It matters that I know how to interact with an audience when a little interaction is needed.
- It matters that I know how to program the right music, at the right time, to create just the right feeling.
At least …it will MATTER very much on the night of your event (end dramatic music).
I believe that my vast experience, positive attitude, playful humor, creativity, professional delivery, and passionate commitment to service …help me to create a memorable connection with my clients & audiences”.
“I love what I do, and would love to have an opportunity to discuss what I can do …for you!”
~ Klay Tate